Wednesday 5 March 2008

Surprise!

Dude, if you had told me yesterday that it would snow, I would never have believed you. Cortona is AMAZING. And also the weirdest place. EVER. Yesterday, we had the windows open – it was warm and beautiful. This morning it was slightly chilly, enough for me to put on a light jacket over my t-shirt, but still warm enough for me to laugh hysterically when someone mentioned that it might snow in a couple of days. An hour later, it was snowing. Big fluffy snowflakes were falling so fast that it made the bright blue sky look crazy weird. Snow was blowing over the roof and making a hilariously odd contrast with the forty-something degree weather. Nothing was sticking, of course, but still…snow! We stood on the porch with the door open, completely baffled by this strange white stuff that was coming down. Now, a couple of hours later, it’s rather cold outside and the wind is whistling dangerously and shaking all the doors and windows. It’s supposed to rain for the next couple of days, but I’m hoping that by Sunday it’ll be t-shirt and tanning weather again. Weird.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hey-atleast you're getting snow! All we get is rain, rain, rain! Yesterday it rained so hard that Mac's side slope burst open and the street was a sheet of muddy watter. Now I know what a flash flood looks like. All of the culverts were overflowing and a year's worth of debris was rushing out. I was praying that the cats hadn't decided to take shelter under there. They would be mush!